4 October 2012

Book Challenge '12 #1


Now if you have me as a friend on Goodreads or have seen my little widget below on my sidebar you'll know that for this year I've set myself a little challenge of reading 50 books and I'm over half way there with 32 on my 'read list' and I thought I'd share a little update with you all on what I've been reading.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
I am a huge fan of classics! But I never really got around to reading this on because I never though much of it. I was so wrong. Now I read this book on my kindle and I absolutely adored it. I first watched the film with Keira Knightley and I absolutely loved it. I loved the fact Mr Darcy chased her yet it didn't seem like it. It was so amazing and I just loved their connection in the book. Despite it taking it's time to get going because I'd watched the film I got to know the characters more in depth when reading the book and also I already knew the characters so it was just lovely to see the full book play out with added bits that wasn't in the film.

By Light Alone by Adam Roberts
This one I didn't set on reading, this one I just picked up out of the library one day needing something to read on the bus home from town. But from chapter one I was hooked, it's set in the future but a very different future to what modern day is. I found it rather peculiar but so interesting  it only came out this year too! The ending was rather abrupt and (thinking it was an older book) I thought it was a bad way to end it, however only being released late this year I am so hoping for a second book!

One Day by David Nicholls
I've heard ton's of reviews about this book, some hated it and some loved it. I however loved it apart from the ending. I'm not going to spoil it for anyone but let me just say, it was heartbreaking. However it was a beautiful love story between two people meant to be together however they take their time about it. It was set between different time periods and you got POV's from both characters which was a lovely mix up. I loved this book I just didn't like the end, I think it spoilt it.

I do tend to ramble on a little bit when talking books so I thought I'd only do three books with their own little reviews. I hope to give you a summary on my recently read books every time I read three new ones or maybe even a few more, depending on how I'm feeling. Currently on my to read list is His Dark Materials trilogy by Phillip Pullman which I've already started and I'm so excited for, so be on the lookout for my review of those three books!

What have you been reading recently? 
Leave me your favourite book recommendations below!

4 comments :

  1. Love all of those books! I've been re-reading a lot of old favourites recently, gatsby etc. and have a literature module coming up at uni so reading things like one flew over the cuckoo's nest and frankenstein, but crime novels are my favourite! x

    Holly's Beauty Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous you get to read such good books for your course! I have to agree, crime novels are brilliant :) xo

      Delete
  2. I'm currently reading Carnival Of Souls by Melissa Marr - not my usual read but interesting nonetheless x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that out as I haven't heard it :) xo

      Delete

I adore getting comments, they mean the world to me because you've read my post! I read every comment I get and I always reply. Thank you guys lots!

If you need to get in contact or ask a question feel free to email me at elle.louisee@hotmail.com!
If you post a comment asking for a 'follow for follow' I will ignore & delete the comment. Thank you for commenting! :-)