7 August 2012

Art and Crafts!

Well I'm not too much on an art type of person, I can't draw, I'm not a very good painter and I'm not good with sculpting clay. The only 'art' type of thing I can actually be proud of is this:
Part of my art project for my BTEC (I didn't have a choice) was to create a 3D fictional character which is easily recognized by it's clothing and facial features. Me and my best friend decided on the Corpse Bride by Tim Burton and this type of art we loved doing every minute of it. This is something we are tremendously proud of. 

I love writing and it can be a form of art I guess. It's mine and my boyfriend's 6 month anniversairy of the 14th of this month and well we like to celelbrate the little half one because it's a very big achievemnt so I wanted to get creative. I've always liked the idea of scrapbooks but ones where you can add photos and text and it's not all really orangised just plain pages. After slaving over every shop in my city centre I came across Paperchase, now I don't always like shopping here because it's so expensive but I found the most gorgeous book ever I just couldn't say no.

It set me back £8.75 but once I'd laid eyes on it I just needed to have it! I love making scrapbooks but the books I make them in must be pretty and this is the best one I've had so far. There were lots of different styles with different colored paper, but because I'm giving it to my boyfriend I had to pick neutral colors (I'll have to snap up the others as well as their hand made notebooks some other day ^.^)
My favorite bit about the whole book is the way it closes. Now I'm a person who is very particular about these things because I hate to see lovely books get ruined. This one clothes with a little ribbon you can tie in a bow. Now if I wasn't already sold this would be it, this is the cherry on the top of this little cake and I'm in love.
Also the pages are black which means white framed photographs and light pens would stand out really nicely on the page, I also liked this color because it was different and a little special. I also got carried away with myself and bought a cute little silver pen to write in which set me back nearly £4! I think I'll stick to WHSmiths for my pens next time.

I just can't wait to get started on this! I'm so excited heh, I hope Tom loves it as much as I do.




Follow me on Twitter | instagram

5 comments :

  1. What a thoughtful gift idea. I may have to do the same thing for my boyfriend at Christmas.

    Paperchase always do the most amazing notebooks and stationary. I'm a stationary whore and keep it without ever using it because I just like 'clean' paper and pretty covers. Does that make me weird?

    Great post lovely!

    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no I'm exactly the same, I love buying pretty stationary even if I know I'm never going to use it :') haha I love doing little bits and bobs for my boyfriend I feel as if it's more special :)- xo

      Delete
  2. The corpse bride is SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

I adore getting comments, they mean the world to me because you've read my post! I read every comment I get and I always reply. Thank you guys lots!

If you need to get in contact or ask a question feel free to email me at elle.louisee@hotmail.com!
If you post a comment asking for a 'follow for follow' I will ignore & delete the comment. Thank you for commenting! :-)