5 August 2012

Marilyn Monroe: 50 Year Anniversary

Today is the 50th anniversary of one of my biggest idols, yet I was born 33 years after her tragic death. Like millions of other people around the world, she holds a special place in my heart, being of the most beautiful women I have ever seen but also for being one of Hollywood's most iconic stars. Like many of you will know, last year  on October 9th 'My Week With Marilyn' was released and to me being one of her younger fans it gave me some insight to how the star lived and was portrayed  It made me want to go back and watch all the work she has ever done.

Some people say, how can she be an idol? 'She was a flirt and a drug addict which then killed her? She wasn't a plus size model so curvy girls of this era are idolising the wrong women' and I have to disagree. Fo the times she was a live, she will have been a plus size model and a drug addict? Everyone has their own problems and it was the 1920's so plently of people was struggling with problems such as hers.
To me she is one of the most beautiful, daring and courageous women of the 1900's and I hope people remember her for who she is, yes she had problems which she'll have dealt with in the wrong way but people make mistakes and sadly she didn't have time.

Now have some of my favorite quotes and pictures from her;

'I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.'I don’t want to make money. I just want to be wonderful'



Follow me on Twitter | instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment

I adore getting comments, they mean the world to me because you've read my post! I read every comment I get and I always reply. Thank you guys lots!

If you need to get in contact or ask a question feel free to email me at elle.louisee@hotmail.com!
If you post a comment asking for a 'follow for follow' I will ignore & delete the comment. Thank you for commenting! :-)